In this post, Edublog9ja will share information about Tansian University, admission requirements and list of courses offered in Tansian University.
ABOUT TANSIAN UNIVERSITY
Tansian University is a private university located in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State. Tansian University was established in 2007 and licensed by the Federal Government under the close supervision of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on May 17th, 2007.
The motto of Tansian University is “Scientia Potestas et Virtus” (Knowledge is power and virtue).
OBJECTIVES OF TANSIAN UNIVERSITY
The objectives of Tansian University to humanity is listed below :
- To complement Government efforts by providing facilities for learning and to give holistic instruction and training in such branches of knowledge as the University may desire to foster, and in doing so, to enable the students obtain the advantages of a morally based liberal education, open to all, irrespective of nationality, ethnic derivation, social status, gender, religious or political persuasion.
- To promote, through research and other morally acceptable means, the advancement of knowledge and its functional application to social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological problems oriented towards development, peace and human progress.
- To create employment opportunity in Nigeria through attraction, retention and development of top quality core faculty (academic staff) that is committed to true scholarship as well as competent and skillful non-teaching staff.
Tansian University currently has 6 faculties. The available faculties in Tansian University are :
- FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
It is important to know that all courses and department available in Tansian University belong to one of the faculty listed above.
LIST OF COURSES OFFERED IN TANSIAN UNIVERSITY
The following courses and departments are available in Tansian University Anambra. Please note that all Tansian University courses listed below is accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
B.Sc Computer Science
B.Sc Industrial Chemistry
Information and Communication Technology
B.Sc Information and Communication Technology
Physics and Electronics
B.Sc Physics and Electronics
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Banking and Finance
B.Sc Banking and Finance
B.Sc Business Administration
Criminology and Security Studies
B.Sc Criminology and Security Studies
Economics and Statistics
B.Sc Economics and Statistics
B.Sc International Relations
B.Sc Mass Communication
Philosophy and Religious Studies
B.Sc Philosophy and Religious Studies
B.Sc Political Science
B.Sc Public Administration
Note: Tansian University Accountancy students will also be graduating as possible Professional Chartered Accountants, given the ICAN accreditation of its programme.
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
B.Sc Estate Management
Urban and Regional Planning
B.Sc Urban and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
B.NSc Nursing Science
Medical Laboratory Science
B.MLS Medical Laboratory Science
B.Sc Public Health
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
B.Ed Primary Education/Early Childhood
B.Ed Education Management
B.Ed Guidance and Counselling
B.A (Ed) Education/English Language and Literary Studies
B.A (Ed) Education/CRS
B.Sc (Ed) Education/Biology
Social Science and Vocational Education
B.Sc (Ed) Education/Economics
B.Sc (Ed) Education/Political Science
B.Sc (Ed) Education/Accounting
Tansian University also offer part-time programmes for students who wishes to opt in for a part-time learning.
Tansian University part-time programmes are available in the following courses :
- B. Sc. Accountancy
- B. Sc. Banking & Finance
- B. Sc. Business Administration
- B. Sc. Economics
- B. Sc. Political Science
- B. Sc./Ed. Education/Accountancy
- B. Sc./Ed. Education/Political Science
- B. Sc./Ed. Education/Banking & Finance
- B. Sc./Ed. Education/Economics
- B. Sc./Ed. English and Literary Studies
Part-time programmes classes are held on weekends at the Campuses.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING IN TANSIAN UNIVERSITY
UTME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates applying for admission into any of the undergraduate programmes in Tansian University must meet the following requirements:
- Possess the academic qualifications as specified by the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board for Course of choice.
- Achieve at least the approved minimum pass mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All Direct entry applicants must have an equivalent certificate or degree or A’level grades to be admitted via Direct Entry.
Currently, Tansian University accepts applications for admission from students who did not choose them as any of their choices during UTME application.
There are opportunities of getting local/foreign scholarships in Tansian university Anambra State.
Thanks for reading this article and I hope you find it helpful. Don’t forget to share this information.